A rumor job is an unconfirmed job that a student mentioned verbally to a career advisor.
Adding a Rumor Job
Navigate to the Jobs and Job Offers tab of the student’s profile
Next to the appropriate job phase, select +Admin: Add Rumor
Select the appropriate outcome survey
- Pending Job – A received job offer.
- Accepted Job – A job that has been accepted.
- Sponsored Job – A job where an employer is financially sponsoring education and the student intends to return to that employer for a guaranteed position.
Fill in the information.
- Note that when a career center user is reporting an outcome on behalf of a student, they’ll only be required to complete the Admin section, specifically Student Reported Date and Knowledge Source, at the bottom of the page. When using the Admin: Add Rumor, "Is Rumor Job" will default to Yes.
- Fields marked with an (*) that are left blank will be listed when Submit is selected, but admins may proceed with submitting the outcome by selecting Continue
How to Manage a Rumor Job
The Rumor Job will now appear on the Jobs and Job Offers tab of the student Profile page and is exclusively visible to admin users. Note that because an admin added the rumored job, it is automatically approved.
By selecting the ellipsis icon of the rumor job outcome, admin users can perform the following:
- Edit: Click here for more information on editing outcomes.
- Delete: Click here for more information on deleting outcomes.
- Unaccept: To mark the Offer Accepted rumor job as Offer Received, select Unaccept
- Add Interview Question: To add information about the interview process of this (rumor) accepted job outcome, select Add Interview Question
- Add Outcome Note: Click here to learn more about outcome notes.
- Exclude from Reporting: To exclude this outcome from standard reporting, select Exclude from Reporting
- Convert to real job: Upon student confirmation of the outcome, select Convert to real job to convert the rumor job outcome to a confirmed job outcome.
- View Outcome Audit Log: To view the outcome’s Audit Log, select View Outcome Audit Log. To learn more about the Outcome Audit Log, click here.