This article covers a helpful method to offer "hybrid" appointment blocks, allowing students to choose between a virtual or in-person meeting when booking an appointment.
To offer students the option of meeting in-person or virtually when booking an appointment, follow these steps:
- Ensure you are using the multi-select picklist Location field for appointment blocks.
- Navigate to the Attributes tab of the Appointments site settings page and select Form = Appointment Block. Toggle the "Show Enabled Only" option in the top right hand corner to Off to display all available attributes.
- Disable the "text (single line)" Location field.
- Enable the "dropdown (multiple select)" Location field.
- Navigate back to the Attributes tab of the Appointments site settings page and select Form = Appointment. Toggle the "Show Enabled Only" option in the top right hand corner to Off to display all available attributes.
- Enable the Preferred Location field.
- Navigate to the Picklist tab of the Appointment site settings page and select Location. Add a virtual option for each adviser that includes their virtual URL (e.g. Zoom personal meeting room link), as well as any in-person locations (e.g. Room 123).
Admin & Student Experience
When creating an appointment block, the adviser can select their virtual room as well as an in-person meeting as Location options.
When booking an appointment, the student can choose between the virtual or in-person appointment options by selecting a Preferred Location.