The "active" field allows admins to quickly deactivate users to revoke their access to the platform and remove them from Standard Reports. An active student user is a student or alumni who is enrolled in a program at the university, or has graduated to alumni status. This article outlines how to update a student's active status, and reasons why an admin would set a student to inactive status.
A student should be set to Active = No if:
- The student user has dropped out of the program, and will no longer be graduating from your institution.
- The student user was a Reciprocity law student whose access to the platform has expired.
- The student user is on a leave of absence.
A student should be set to Active = Yes if:
- The student user is currently enrolled in a program.
- The student user has graduated and is now considered an alumni.
- The student user should have access to the platform.
- The student user should be included in Standard Reports (e.g. MBA CSEA, NALP / ABA, NACE).
How to update a student's Active status
- Navigate to the Admin tab of the student's profile.
- Select the "Edit" option next to the Student Information section.
- Update the Active field to Yes or No, and be sure to Save your changes.
What will setting a student user to Active = No accomplish? Deactivating a user will revoke their access to the platform, remove them from standard reports (e.g. MBA CSEA, NALP / ABA, NACE), and remove them as an autocomplete suggestion anywhere on the platform admins can filter for students by name, ID, or email.
Should I set my alumni users to Active = No? No. The system recognizes users become alumni from their graduation year/term, and updates their platform permissions accordingly. Setting alumni to Active = No will revoke their access to the platform, and remove their outcome data from your standard reports (e.g. MBA CSEA, NALP / ABA, NACE).
Can I still search for inactive users? Yes. Throughout the site, you will see the automatic filter "Active = Yes" applied. You may edit the filter to "Active = No" to see inactive students, or you may remove the filter entirely to see all students regardless of Active status.