A single appointment, sometimes referred to as a “drop-in appointment,” is an appointment that is not attached to an appointment block. For example, advisers can quickly create a single appointment when a student drops into the office to meet with an adviser without a previously scheduled appointment. Follow the instructions below to create a single appointment.
- Creating a Single Appointment
- Single Appointment and Appointment Blocks
- Single Appointment Notifications
Creating a Single Appointment
- Navigate to the “Appointments” page from the left navigation panel
- Select the + Appointment
You can also click and drag directly on the calendar and select Create Appointment to create a single appointment.
- Fill in all required fields and select “Book Appointment”. Note that admins may bypass some fields when booking a single appointment; however, Appointment type, Student, Career Adviser, and Date/Time must be filled out.
Single Appointment and Appointment Blocks
A Single Appointment will not be linked to an Appointment Block, even if the Appointment was schedule next to a block. A Single Appointment will always exist as a separate and un-linked Appointment. If you would like an appointment to be connected to a block, please ensure you create the Appointment by first selecting the Appointment block.
Single Appointment Notifications
Newly created Appointments in the future will issue an Appointment Scheduled Notification. Any Appointments with a start time in the past will not send the student an Appointment Scheduled Notification.
Please note, if you have an Appointment Follow-Up Notification enabled, the student may receive the email if the end time of the Single Appointment and the time you created the Single Appointment is prior to the time in which the Follow-Up notification should be scheduled.
- If the Single Appointment ended at 1pm, the advisor entered the appointment at 2pm, and the Follow-Up notification is delivered 2 hours after the end of the appointment, the student will receive an email.
- If the Single Appointment ended at 1pm, the advisor entered the appointment at 9am the following day, and the Follow-Up notification is delivered 2 hours after the end of the appointment, the student will not receive an email.
Article is closed for comments.