This article outlines the basics of integrating your platform with Stripe to collect payments, and answers some FAQs regarding Stripe & 12Twenty.
- What third party credit card processing system is used?
- What is the percentage Stripe and 12Twenty will retain for this service?
- Stripe charges 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction.
- 12Twenty charges an additional 2% per transaction
- When would the University receive payments for these credit card payments collected, and how?
- After setting up an account, the University will choose payment frequency from Stripe.
- Where do I go to create a Stripe account for my University to integrate with 12Twenty?
- Please visit this website to create a Stripe account.
- Where can I find out more about the Stripe integration with 12Twenty?
- Please see this documentation from Stripe regarding integration and implementation.
- Do I need an additional agreement with Stripe?
- No additional agreement is needed. The University will just have to create a Stripe account which is simple to do via their site: https://stripe.com/ca.
- Where do I see invoice information on my 12Twenty system?
- By selecting the Payments icon ($) in the top navigation of your site, you will be able to see all of your unpaid, outstanding orders as well as a complete order history.
- Will the I have the ability to post payments in the system and add notes regarding these payments?
- Yes, you can create invoice and add notes to generated invoices.
- Can we email invoices and/or receipts to the company representatives?
- Career Fairs: Invoices can be emailed to registrants.
- OCI: To the individual who posts the OCI.
- For more details on how to send invoices within 12Twenty, please reference our knowledgebase article here.
- We need the capability to both see invoice numbers and search by invoice numbers.
- The Payments page will allow you to see history of invoices and allow you to search by invoice or Employer name.
- We need to be able to run reports that separate invoices and credit card payments and show paid and not paid.
- You can export order history which will export invoice status.
- W need to edit registrations – add / delete / waive items.
- Registrations can bee modified at any time through selecting the employer's name within the Job Fair.
- I need to have the capability to charge for additional items and refund for those deleted / waived.
- Career Fairs: You can charge for additional items. If you have integrated with Stripe, refunds must be initiated through Stripe. Modifying the Invoice in 12Twenty will not initiate a refund.
- OCI: Cannot be done at this time.
- Whose merchant ID will be used?
- The University will be the merchant of record.
- Will employees enter any cardholder data for customers, or will customers enter their own data?
- Both Career Center users and Employers can make a payment for an invoice via Stripe, but the Employers usually make the payments themselves.
- Will the I have access to cardholder data?
- The University will have access to the cardholder name, card type (Visa, MasterCard, etc.), the last 4 digits of the card number, and the expiration date.
- Can I speak with someone from Stripe?
- For more information about Stripe's security policy please see the following page:
Stripe hosts all form inputs containing credit card data within an iFrame served from Stripe's domain- not 12Twenty's- so the users credit card data never touches 12Twenty servers, only Stripes.
To See Stripe's GDPR documentation, please see the following page: https://stripe.com/guides/general-data-d-regulation