The following article provides an example and step-by-step instructions on how to create an OCI schedule if your school allows for Employers and Students to post and apply for OCI jobs within the same window of time.
- Employer Registration Period: January 1 – January 31
- Student Application Period: January 8 – February 21
- Employer Decision Period: February 22 – February 28
- Student Decision Period: March 1 – March 14
As you can see in the timeline above, Employer Registration and Student Application overlap from January 8 (beginning of Student Application) to February 1 (end of Employer Registration).
To configure your 12twenty platform to accommodate the schedule above, The following (5) OCI periods must be created:
OCI Periods w/ Corresponding Dates
- Employer Registration Period (Orange): January 1 – January 7
- Employer Registration/Student Application Period (Purple): January 8 – January 31
- Student Application Period (Green): February 1 – February 21
- Employer Decision Period (Red): February 22 – February 28
- Student Decision Period (Blue): March 1 – March 14
The following steps show how to create each of the 5 periods:
First Period - Employer Registration
The first period will be the Employer Registration Period which will be inserted within the OCI Round from January 1 (the start date of Employer registration) to January 7 (the day before Students can begin applying for OCI jobs).
Second Period - Employer Registration/Student Application
The second period will be the Employer Registration/Student Application Period which will be inserted within the OCI Round from January 8 (the date Students can begin applying for jobs) to January 31 (the last day Employers will be able to register and post jobs for the OCI Round). This period is needed since individual periods cannot overlap. The creation of a combined period must be utilized instead.
Third Period - Student Application Period
The third period will be the Student Application Period which will be inserted within the OCI Round from February 2 (the day after Employer registration has ended) to February 20 (the last day Students will be able to apply for positions within the OCI Round).
Fourth & Fifth Period
The Employer and Student Decision Periods can be inserted into the OCI Round with no additional configuration required.
Quick note: 12twenty recommends adding OCI Period notifications for both the Employer and Student decision Periods. Please refer to this article for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.