Student Groups are used to control a student or alumni user's access within the CSM suite of tools, and to ensure an event, appointment, or job posting is tailored to the correct student audience. A student's ability to view/apply to job postings, view/book appointments, and view/register for an event is governed by their inclusion in Student Groups. Student Groups are also used by Admin Groups to restrict Career Center Users to only viewing specific users and their data. This article outlines how to create a Student Group, how to assign a student to a Student Group, and how to batch-assign students to a Student Group.
- How to Create a Student Group
- How to Assign an Individual Student to a Student Group
- How-to Bulk Assign Students to a Student Group
How to Create a Student Group
- Navigate to your Manage Users by selecting "Site Management" then "Manage Users" from the left navigation panel.
- Select “Students & Alumni” then “Groups”
- Select “Add A New Group"
- An "Add Student Group" window will appear. Name the Student Group, enter an optional description, and choose if you would like the group displayed under student names across the site (i.e. students in this group will appear as John Smith - Rising Seniors).
- From this page, you are also able to Edit or Delete existing Student Groups. To do so, use the more actions icon next to each Student Group.
- Enable display on site under student name will show on the student profile.
- Internal only means that employers will not be able to see student groups.
How to Assign an Individual Student to a Student Group
When adding a new student via the Manage Student Users page, admin are required to assign a student to Student Group(s) within the Create New Student User window. To assign an existing student user to a group, navigate to the Profile tab of the student's profile and select Edit next to the Student Information section. Choose the appropriate Student Group(s), and be sure to scroll to the bottom of the window and Save your changes.
How-to Bulk Assign Students to a Student Group
To batch-assign students to a Student Group, use the available filters on the Student Directory to find the correct audience. Use the Bulk Update Tool to then add or replace a new Student Group to the selected students.
- Navigate to the Student Directory
- Apply filters to drill down to the appropriate group of students
- Use the three-dot action button to select Bulk Update All. Alternatively, check a limited number of students from the results, and select Bulk Update Selected.
- Select Student Group as the field to be modified in the Bulk Update window.
- Choose to Append, Replace all values with, or Replace. "Append" will add the student group to the selected students, "Replace all values with" will remove all Student Groups the users are currently assigned to and add your selections in place of them, and "Replace" will allow you to choose to replace an assigned Student Group with a new one.
- Be sure to Save your changes, and a success window will appear.
Article is closed for comments.